- Bring with you a list of all your medications including vitamins, information regarding any food or drug allergies, and records of past surgeries or treatments. Include a copy of your living will.
- Have a family member or friend act as your health advocate and have them available 24 hours a day. Make sure they have access to your medical information while you are in the hospital.
- Keep notes and ask questions in regards to medications you are given and treatment plans you are directed to follow. Since the nurses are given your daily schedule, discuss with them as well as your doctor any concerns you may have.
- Identify which doctor is in charge of your care. Ask when he/she does rounds and how can you get a hold of them at other times if you need.
- Make sure you know what your discharge instructions are and what your home care will require. Fill prescriptions immediately upon release and discuss with your doctor whether you should continue taking your previous medications.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Tips for a Hospital Stay
Many of us get anxious when looking toward a medical procedure that will require hospitalization. There is preparation you can do beforehand for yourself or your loved one to make things easier. We have provided some tips to relieve the worry and stress associated with hospitalization and allows you to focus on your recovery.
Important steps to take to insure your safety and well-being while in the hospital:
Also remember to leave your valuables at home. Pack items such as reading glasses and hearing aids and anything else that will ensure your comfort during your stay. Be sure and check with the hospital to see what their cell phone policy is. Many hospitals allow patients to use their own cell phones while on the premises.
MorningStar of Sparks’ unique mission statement “to honor, to serve, to invest” sets us apart from other senior communities. Committed to creating a true home for residents within a gorgeous setting, our foundation is built on honoring God, valuing our seniors and hiring staff with a felt calling to serve. We invite you to schedule a visit to learn more about our exceptional senior living.